At Gosfield School we don’t just aim to help all of our pupils achieve their full potential, we also hope to bring the very best out of our teachers and support staff. We offer our teachers and nursery practitioners lots of opportunities to develop their skills and add to their qualifications as they are key to our pupil’s success.
We also give all of our teaching and support staff a genuine opportunity to help shape the way the school works. We are a school where the potential of our teachers and staff is realised, making this an especially fulfilling place to work. If you would like to join our staff, please see below for our current private school teaching jobs and non-teaching vacancies. Please check back often.
Cleaner Required – Part time
15 hours per week, Monday to Friday term time. Occasional extra hours for events and holiday cleaning.
The caretakers and cleaning team as a whole are responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the school. Each cleaner will be responsible for an area and will be expected to clean to the frequency and standard set out, at the direction of the Cleaning Supervisor and Estates Manager, cleaning staff will clean other areas as required.
Previous applicants need not apply.
School Nurse/Principal First Aider – Maternity Cover
Applicants will preferably be RGN or RSCN qualified or a minimum of EFAW Emergency First Aid At Work and first aid experience, holding an active NMC Registration. A minimum of two years in full time practice is essential. Experience in A&E, practice or paediatric nursing would be an advantage. Experience in managing sports injuries being desirable for this role.
- To be on site from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday during term time. To carry a walkie talkie at all times during the working day in order to ensure immediate contact.
- To be located in the first aid room Monday to Thursday between 4.00 -5pm to provide medical cover for extracurricular activities.
- To carry out first aid and emergency assessment for any who require. This will normally cover pupils, staff and visitors. This may involve escorting pupils or staff to hospital if necessary and waiting for parents to arrive at the hospital.
- To deal with pupils and staff who become ill on site. Looking after pupils until their parents arrive and administering medicines and emergency treatments with appropriate consents.
- To provide health advice to pupils and staff as requested.
- To carry out Administration and Support for external staff carrying out vaccinations.
- To organise staff to be trained, including refresher training, as first aiders, and maintain the register of these first aiders at the School.
- To have responsibility for ensuring that the medical supplies in the first aid kits are replenished regularly and to ensure that the Sports Coaches first aid kits are up to date.
Health checks and health education
- To be involved in Personal and Social Health Education (PSHE) lessons on subjects such as cancer, girls’ health education, HPV and eating.
- To supervise pupils with eating disorders and diabetes and to assist with dealing with pupils with depression and those with self-harm or eating problems.
- To be involved in the education of staff ahead of school trips on subjects such as diabetes, epilepsy, anaphylaxis and asthma. To also assist with school trip preparation with parents, organising supplies, staff training and compiling medical details or emergency contact details for staff.
- To provide unofficial counselling in emergency situations e.g. friendship issues, low mood, sexual health and bereavement, to liaise with the school counsellor and the Pastoral Team as required.
- To attend termly Health and Safety meetings, keep a record of all accidents and incidents at the school and outside on school related activities by entering these on a database and pass these records to the Health and Safety Officer.
- To attend in-service days.
We wish to appoint for a June start.
Interested applicants should contact Sara Bowles at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Salary: according to experience – Based on a term time only contract
Closing date for applications: Noon on 20 March 2020
Interviews will take place week commencing 23 March 2020
Gosfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS.